Mediterranean Hummus Nachos
My husband once piled all the Middle Eastern dishes I'd made on top of pita chips. It was delicious and fun, so we've kept doing it! I am half Lebanese, so we usually call these Lebanese nachos. Whatever you call them, you can't help but like them! —Gina Fensler, Cincinnati, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt, divided
- 1 package (7.33 ounces) baked pita chips
- 1 cup prepared tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- Chopped red onion, optional
- In a small skillet, cook lamb over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 4-6 minutes; drain. Stir in pine nuts, salt and pepper; cool slightly. Stir in 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- Arrange pita chips on a serving platter. Layer with lamb mixture, tabbouleh, hummus, tomato, olives, parsley, mint, remaining yogurt and, if desired, onion. Serve immediately.
Not sure which brand of hummus to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.