Mediterranean Chips & Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the first seven ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- For pita chips, cut each pita bread into eight wedges; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts3 tablespoons dip with 4 chips: 238 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 23, 2012
I thought this was really good and would definitely make it again. I did not have fresh parsley so I used dried, but would like to try it the next time with fresh.
Aug 7, 2012
This is so yummy!
Oct 21, 2011
Have made it several times and the whole family loves it!
Aug 16, 2011
I used a couple handfuls of fresh spinach instead of the parsley...loved it!
Aug 16, 2011
Yum! I used chickpeas and and about 1 tbsp or so of dried parsley instead of fresh. Both the dip & the chips turned out great!~ Theresa
Jun 3, 2011
This dip is both bland and extremely salty. Don't waste your time.
May 22, 2011
I cut the oil to 2tbsp. This was really good - my husband, who doesn't like hummus, enjoyed the dip and said the chips were really good. I also added some raw veggies, and I think with the baked chips, bean dip and veggies, this was definitely a lightened up chips and dip!
Apr 23, 2011
Great recipe.I have added sun dried tomatoes.Tasted pretty good.
Apr 22, 2011
One of my favorites! You can reduce the amount of oil to make it even healthier!