Layered Mediterranean Dip with Pita Chips
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
Makes5 cups (120 chips)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 carton (10 ounces) hummus
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: Minced fresh parsley and additional minced fresh mint
- PITA CHIPS:
- 20 pita pocket halves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line a strainer with 4 layers of cheesecloth or 1 coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer and cover with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. In a small bowl, combine the strained yogurt, cucumber, vinegar and mint.
- Spread hummus in the bottom of a 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Layer with onion, peppers, feta cheese, olives, tomatoes and yogurt mixture. Top with parsley and additional mint if desired. Chill until serving.
- Cut each pita half into 3 wedges; separate each wedge into 2 pieces. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Brush both sides with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts0.250 cup dip with 6 chips: 178 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 20, 2020
A perfect dip for those wanting a healthier option than the usual cheesy dips. Even my picky in-laws loved it! My only critique is that it needs a spicier element.. maybe a pinch of Chili flakes on the hummus layer. Other than that, it’s fantastic!
Jul 12, 2019
This is not only beautiful but delicious the flavors blend so well - it is amazing