Mediterranean Layered Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 cups roasted garlic hummus
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Assorted fresh vegetables or baked pita chips
- Spread hummus onto a 12-in. round serving platter; top with roasted peppers.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, lemon juice, oil, basil and mint. Using a slotted spoon, spoon spinach mixture over peppers. Top with cheese, olives and onion. Serve with vegetables or pita chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables or chips): 83 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 27, 2014
I was looking for a new, lighter appetizer for our annual Christmas Eve family get-together. I love hummus and fresh veggies, and this fit in nicely with some of our stand-bys that are more calorie-heavy. I did make a couple of changes - since I roasted the peppers myself and they were quite soft, I blended them in with the homemade hummus and they added a great flavor. I also left off the feta cheese to make it dairy-free. Easy recipe and good taste.
May 28, 2013
Wow...this is a fantastic recipe. I made it for a family get together this past Memorial Day weekend and everyone zeroed in on it immediately. The flavors are great together and the little bit I had leftover tasted even better the next day. If you are a fan of Mediterranean flavors, this is the appetizer for you!
Sep 10, 2011
Incredible way to dress up store bought hummus!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.