Tortilla chips make great scoopers for this dip, which is a family favorite after we open Christmas gifts. Sometimes I serve it in a glass bowl-just to show off the pretty layers.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky salsa, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, mash the avocados with lemon juice, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Spoon into a deep-dish 10-in. pie plate or serving bowl. Layer with sour cream, olives, salsa, tomatoes and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 90 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Six-Layer Dip in Country Woman Christmas 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.