Layered Asian Dip
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Assorted rice crackers
- In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Mix 2 tablespoons soy sauce and garlic; toss with chicken mixture. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir in brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- To serve, mix cream cheese and remaining soy sauce until blended; transfer to a serving plate, spreading evenly. Top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with sauce. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 61 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Jun 16, 2010
This dip is absolutely fabulous! Esp with butter crackers..its amazing. I made it for my Bunco..and the women devoured it..they were scraping the plate..the only things I changed was using cilantro instead of parsley
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.