Thai Veggie Dip
This delicious dip is full of flavor, color and crunch, but not full of calories. There's mild sweetness from the honey with a bit of heat at the end from the pepper flakes. If spicy food is your thing, feel free to add an extra dash of pepper. —Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, mix peanut butter, soy sauce and honey until blended. Stir in sour cream, yogurt, spinach, water chestnuts, pepper, green onions, cilantro, mint and pepper flakes. Refrigerate, covered, 1-2 hours. Serve with assorted vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables): 73 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Spicy Thai Veggie Dip in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.