Loaded Veggie Dip
Packed with veggies and bursting with flavor, this chunky dip is sure to be a hit at your next party. Be sure to serve it with a thick cracker that can be used as a scoop. —Patrice Slaughter, Palm Bay, Florida
Total TimePrep: 1 hour Cook: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) vegetable recipe mix (Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, onion, celery and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil until tender. Stir in the artichokes, cream cheese, vegetable recipe mix, garlic powder, white pepper and cayenne; set aside.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the broth, cream and remaining oil. Stir in the broccoli mixture, Italian cheese blend and basil. Fold in spinach. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours or until cheese is melted and spinach is tender. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without crackers and chips): 133 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Veggie Dip in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.