Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in vegetable blend; cook, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the apple juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger and cayenne. Stir into chicken mixture; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 363 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1100mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2018
My family liked this but they didn't give it a five rating. I wanted to taste the apple juice and peanut butter more, but it all got lost in the soy sauce. If I made it again I would adjust the ingredients and make sure I tasted the sauce before I poured it into the chicken!
Apr 13, 2017
Made this tonight and my husband and I both loved it. I used fresh vegetables because I didn't have frozen, and red pepper flakes because I didn't have cayenne pepper. Was still delicious and I will for sure make this again. Was a very fast, easy meal!!
Mar 15, 2016
Way to much of a peanut butter taste. I would only use an 1/8 cup if I ever decided to try it again. Definitely not a keeper.
Nov 17, 2015
Made this last night using all fresh vegetables with fresh garlic and ginger as well. I don't like mushy vegetables. Any combination of fresh veggies would work. It's the sauce that makes it sort of Thai. I liked it and will make again.
Nov 7, 2015
My first attempt at cooking Thai food was a success! Yum!~ Theresa
Oct 9, 2015
Sounds delish. How do you think it would be without the apple juice? I'd hate to have to buy a half-gallon of apple juice for a 1/4 cup amount needed.
Jul 19, 2015
This was so delicious, my husband had three helpings!
Feb 24, 2015
This replaces my old favorite, very delicious! Even dh who isn't a Thai fan declared this a winner!
Dec 16, 2014
Pretty great, and my family enjoyed it. I might use fresh vegetables and reduced sodium soy sauce, next time. The frozen vegetables were slightly mushy is all.
Jul 28, 2013
Love this is delish. Just made this today and will make again. It's spicy so watch out, but not to spicy where you mouth is on fire. Great recipe don't change a thang!!!!!!!