Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups leftover cooked long grain rice
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the pork in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add the mushrooms, peas, water chestnuts, peppers, onion and garlic; stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine the soy sauce and sugar; stir into vegetable mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Return pork to the pan. Stir in rice; cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 181 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Mar 22, 2011
This recipe for excellent. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them, and Increased the pea pods and water chestnuts to 3/4 c. each.
Aug 1, 2009
You can put bacon too!
Jul 31, 2009
can I use frozen stir fry veggies in this recipe and add the garlic?