- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add bean sprouts, spinach, water, soy sauce and chili sauce; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, 1 at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Serve rice in bowls; top with vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil. Top each serving with a poached egg.
1 serving: 305 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.