Simple Shrimp Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in hot oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli and red pepper in 2 tablespoons broth for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas, onions, garlic and remaining broth; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return shrimp to the pan; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 226 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Jan 16, 2012
I've made this recipe many times. Even though it doesn't have a traditional stir-fry sauce, it tastes amazing! You can also try a variety of vegetables with it too.
Feb 22, 2008
Healthy Recipe.Good to Cook. nice picture
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.