Simple Shrimp Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 4 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in hot oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli and red pepper in 2 tablespoons broth for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the peas, onions, garlic and remaining broth; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return shrimp to the pan; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 226 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 202mg cholesterol, 581mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 16, 2012
I've made this recipe many times. Even though it doesn't have a traditional stir-fry sauce, it tastes amazing! You can also try a variety of vegetables with it too.
Feb 22, 2008
Healthy Recipe.Good to Cook. nice picture