Ginger-Chutney Shrimp Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend, thawed
- 3/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and ginger; stir-fry 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without rice): 356 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1102mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 10, 2013
I used chicken instead of shrimp and omitted the salt. Could not find onion/pepper mix so I substituted frozen Asian stir fry mix. Definitely a recipe I will come back to!
Oct 8, 2013
Marvelous ! I make a lot of dishes with shrimp, but I would never have thought to add mango to the mix. My store didn't carry a mango chutney, so I used a mild mango-peach salsa, which altered the flavors from the original recipe, I'm sure, but the essence of these flavors were there. Yummy. I will definitely make this again. (I omitted the water and salt).