Skewered Ginger Shrimp with Plums
Sweet, simple and sensational, these shrimp skewers pack in loads of flavor with just four ingredients. Throw them on the grill for a quick dinner or tasty potluck dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium plums or peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sesame ginger marinade, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Optional: Sesame seeds and lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and plums. Drizzle with 1/4 cup marinade; toss to coat. Alternately thread shrimp and plums on 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- On a lightly oiled rack, grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until shrimp turn pink, 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally and basting frequently with remaining marinade during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Serve with green onion and, if desired, sesame seeds and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 173 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1295mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp and Peach Kabobs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2019