Ginger Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. stir in the honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over the pork chops. Sprinkle with green onion.
Jun 24, 2019
Fantastic flavors! My husband is not usually a big fan of sweet/savory combos, but he was very impressed with the balance of those elements in this dish as well as the slight heat from the ginger. I made this with four 1/2" cut boneless pork chops and doubled the sauce recipe, though I only used half of the recommended amount of soy sauce. We served the extra sauce over rice.
Dec 31, 2018
My husband has me make just the sauce at times when he wants it over rice, its become a comfort food for him. My son asked for these chops for dinner tonight and I will have to triple the sauce!!!!
Nov 16, 2015
I found this to be very good the way it is but made 3 chops and the amount was just right.
Nov 10, 2015
These are delicious but you will want to modify the sauce to fit your own tastes. 2 TBLSP soy sauce is way, way too much and you don't need a whole 1/4 cup of honey. I used 1 tblsp soy sauce, 2 tblsp honey, the ginger and a little water, about 1/4 cup. Instead of broiling the chops I cooked them on top of the stove for 5 minutes on each side, removed them from the pan while I made the sauce and then added them back in to heat up with the sauce. I thought they were really good.