Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts6 each: 218 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Jul 9, 2016
This was delicious! I added some sea salt, used pizza sauce because that's what I had, and added a little extra cayenne. Will definitely make again
Jun 12, 2016
The shrimp were wonderful! I wouldn't change a thing, although I did take one reviewer's suggestion and use chili sauce instead of tomato sauce because we like spicy food.
Jun 5, 2016
I thought this was pretty good, but not great. I found the taste to be very subtle. Next time I will try subbing in Old Bay for the cayenne. I think that would make this more of a 5 star recipe.jruvo87: This might be a little late, but you can use either fresh or frozen. If you do get frozen, make sure you thaw them first before starting the recipe.
Aug 30, 2015
Jul 22, 2014
Will definitely make this again!
Aug 29, 2013
Jul 3, 2013
I don't eat meat or seafood, but am hosting a party and looking to make these. BUUUUUUT.. I have no idea what kind of shrimp to buy?? Fresh or Frozen... please help!
Jun 22, 2013
Probably the best grilled shrimp I've had including high end restaurants. I had to substitute chili sauce for the tomato sauce and old bay for the cayenne. Wow!
Jan 5, 2013
The best grilled shrimp, but I would add salt too.
Aug 23, 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.