Red Potato Skewers
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the potatoes and water in an ungreased microwave-safe 2-qt. dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until almost tender, stirring once; drain. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain, reserving mayonnaise mixture. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread potatoes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with reserved mayonnaise mixture or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 231 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 15, 2014
We enjoyed the potato skewers. The mayo mixture gave them a great taste and putting them on the grill gave them a nice crispness!
May 6, 2013
I used garlic powder instead of salt and half olive oil and half mayo, added oregano and cayenne pepper. Used my oven broiler with the skewers so it made them easy to flip over and brown perfectly. They turned out great!
Sep 13, 2011
These were pretty tasty. We had a change of plans, so I ended up just sauteing them. It worked well. They also warmed up quite nicely and we enjoyed them for dinner two nights later.
Mar 3, 2010
These are awesome! My family asks me for these year round.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.