Grilled Vegetable Skewers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium ear fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning frequently.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 69 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Oct 12, 2016
Delicious!!!! So easy and pretty too. I did add mushrooms and some par cooked baby potatoes to ours. The second time I made this we didn't have enough skewers so grilled some of them in a basket and it worked out well.
Jun 30, 2013
I love the addition of corn on these skewers. I did brush them with Italian dressing before grilling because I like the flavor with grilled vegetables.
Jul 5, 2010
Very good, so easy to make and healthy, too! What more could a person want!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.