These kabobs are fun, different and delicious, plus they go well with any egg dish. —Bobi Raab, St. Paul, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 10 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- Cut sausages in half; on five metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausages, pineapple and mushrooms. Brush with butter and syrup.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat, turning and basting with syrup, for 8 minutes or until sausages are lightly browned and fruit is heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 246 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Skewers in Country Woman July/August 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.