Sesame Beef Skewers
A bottle of sesame-ginger dressing makes this amazing dish doable on a weeknight. You can broil the beef, too, but we live in the South where people grill pretty much all year long. My pineapple-y slaw and rice finish off the dinner. —Janice Elder, Charlotte, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 tablespoons sesame ginger salad dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a bowl, toss beef with 3 tablespoons dressing and soy sauce; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pineapple, apples, chili sauce, lime juice and pepper; toss to combine.
- Thread beef onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard remaining marinade. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until desired doneness, 7-9 minutes, turning occasionally; brush generously with remaining dressing during the last 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with pineapple mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 1 cup salad: 311 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Pine-Appled Sesame Beef Skewers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.