Balsamic-Glazed Beef Skewers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, barbecue sauce and mustard until blended. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for basting. Add beef to remaining mixture; toss to coat.
- Alternately thread beef and tomatoes on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Lightly grease grill rack.
- Grill skewers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-9 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved vinaigrette mixture during the last 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer: 194 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 11, 2018
Just made this tonight and it was great! I used red and green bell peppers instead of tomatoes on the skewers.
Aug 30, 2017
These were good kabobs, I added peppers and onions to mine. You could you a bottled marinade in place of the barbecue sauce as well.
Aug 21, 2016
These were very tasty. Beef was very tender but I do agree that the Bbq flavor is the dominant one. I marinated the meat in the sauce for 2 hours before grilling. Will definitely make again.
Feb 24, 2015
These were good; we served them over rice and added chopped green onion.
Aug 17, 2014
These are really delicious with beef. But I've also made them with chicken and just as yummy. I also skewer onions, orange and yellow peppers, as well as mushrooms. I have made this several times this summer and they always go over well. Super yummy!
Jul 15, 2014
We liked it, it was a nice change and great use of my garden cherry tomatoes. It also fit ourr low carb high protein diet.
Jun 9, 2014
not sure why this was called "balasamic glazed". It is so overpowering with barbecue sauce. Horrible! Waste to a piece of meat.
May 20, 2014
Pretty good. I used stew beef and marinated the cubes in the mixture overnight. Tasty. Will make again.
May 20, 2014
These were okay at best. Would I make them again? No way! I agree with the husband who said that they could have more flavor. They were lacking something and I am not sure what.
May 19, 2014
OMG - I give this marinade a raving review! My husband said it was the best steak he's ever had! I followed the recipe and marinated overnight. I basted them at the end with the reserved marinade. I am going to make these again when our summer company arrives. Fabulous!