Balsamic Beef Hoagies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast; shred beef with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return beef and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through.
- Spread mayonnaise on buns. Using tongs, place beef on buns; top with tomatoes and basil.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 549 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Oct 30, 2019
Used ground beef and served the mixture with rice. Stirred in a can of petite diced tomatoes instead of the sliced tomato. Very good recipe!
Jun 4, 2019
Delicious sandwich! My recommendation would be to cook 7-8 hours. I planned on the 5-6 hour range but had to do another hour on high to be able to shred the meat.
May 16, 2017
Great sandwich and very easy to make.
Apr 17, 2017
Great sandwiches that the whole family loved!!!
Jan 17, 2017
What a delicious recipe! The balsamic vinegar and garlic really makes the beef tasty. I cooked my roast in the oven for four hours at 275 degrees. I turned it over a couple times while baking. It was tender and pulled apart very easily. The sandwiches were a hit with the whole family!
Sep 20, 2016
tender roast sandwiches! my family loves bbq, so I added some bbq sauce at the end of cooking!