Honey-Mint Lamb Skewers
My hearty lamb bites are delicious and convenient. Assemble them the day before, then pop them under the broiler when the party starts. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min./batch
Makes3 dozen (2 cups dip)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 pounds lamb stew meat
- LEMON FETA DIP:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2 pepperoncini, minced
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Preheat broiler. For dip, place sour cream, lemon juice, feta cheese and pepperoncini in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain lamb and discard marinade. Thread 2 pieces of lamb on each of 36 soaked wooden skewers; place in two 15x10-in. pans. Broil 6-8 in. from heat until lamb reaches desired doneness, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer with 2-1/2 teaspoons dip: 105 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Honey and Mint Marinated Lamb Skewers with Lemon Feta Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.