This meat is easy, flavorful and best when marinated overnight. You can even mix it up and freeze it until you want to throw it in the crock! Make sure you have lots of pita bread on hand to soak up the juices. —Ruth Hartunian-Alumbaugh, Willimantic, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 4 hours
- 2 small garlic bulbs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint, divided
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked rice or pita bread, optional
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulbs; cut off tops of bulbs, exposing individual cloves. Peel and halve cloves. In a large dish, combine garlic, 3/4 cup mint, vinegar and olive oil. Add lamb; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Transfer lamb and marinade to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours. Sprinkle with remaining mint; if desired, serve with hot cooked rice or pita bread.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 323 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Slammin' Lamb in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019