Lamb and Beef Kabobs
A lemon-olive oil marinade gives these tasty kabobs a nice tang. They’re great for summer parties. In bad weather and during the winter, we cook them in a 400-degree oven for 25 to 40 minutes. —Weda Mosellie, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds boneless lamb, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 6 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 6 pita breads (6 inches), cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Place the lamb and beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add half of the marinade. Place vegetables in another large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate 1 hour.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread lamb, beef, onions, red peppers and mushrooms. Grill, covered, over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with pita bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 419 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 1524mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Shish Kabobs in Taste of Home August/September 2005
Nov 23, 2015
We didn't like the pieces of lamb as much as the beef but this recipe was delicious and a perfect Friday night dinner when mom's don't feel like spending the whole night cooking!