Pineapple Beef Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a small bowl, combine first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers and onion. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Cook rice according to package directions; serve with kabobs.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 412 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
May 18, 2016
This is a very tasty recipe of a shish kebab. I can not wait to try to cook it. I absolutely love this dish and think the smell of shish kebab is an essential sign of warm weather even in the city, what to say about those who spend time outdoors. But I think that the secret of delicious shish kebab is proper pickle, especially when it comes to beef. There a special approach needs, marinades should contain so-called aggressive additives: – citric acid, – vinegar, – red wine, etc. I'm sure with such marinade the shish kebab according to this recipe will be even tastier. But my friend, an expert in the preparation of a shish kebab is convinced that the main thing is - it is the meat, its quality and the method of cutting. Ribs plate - this is the best for quality meat in the beef carcass. It is tender, soft, cooked very quickly, and it is almost impossible to mess up. If you want a good kebabs of beef, do not be lazy to go to the market and choose the part of the beef carcass.
Jul 25, 2015
OMG. This was an A recipe. I will definitely be making this again. I am one of those people who detests chewy beef. I got some top sirloin beef from a local butcher and marinated it for 4 hours. This was absolutely delicious. I did 6 skewers of mixed beef, vegetables and onions and put all the remaining beef on 2 more skewers. This is a winner.
Aug 9, 2014
This was so terrific.
May 19, 2014
This recipe was super easy. I used the pineapple juice from canned pineapple. I boiled the kabobs in the oven since I currently don't have a grill. It took longer to cook but tasted great. It's a great gluten free option if you use gf soy sauce.
May 28, 2013
can't wait to make these again! crowd pleaser for sure! The beef was so juicy and flavorful!
Jul 13, 2010
OMG this was soooo good! My dad wanted me to add more pineapple chunks to it next time cause he loved the grilled pineapple and he's not a pineapple fan!
Jun 14, 2009
Great recipe! Turn out really good...marinade was very flavorful. I will definately make this again!