Vegetable Steak Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, basil and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound whole fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag. Add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and peppers; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-15 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 234 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Dec 28, 2017
Recipe was ok with average flavor. I have other marinades I prefer over this one.
Apr 28, 2017
This was very easy and tasty! I think next time I would cut down on the rosemary but otherwise would not change a thing!
Feb 1, 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.