Moroccan Beef Kabobs
My grandmother's homemade marinade adds tang and tenderness to these beefy kabobs. Her blend of herbs and spices punches up the flavor without adding lots of calories. —Jennifer Shaw, Dorchester, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Thai red chili paste
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the parsley, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, chili paste, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread beef cubes. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill beef, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.