Swiss Ham Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) DOLE pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, mix marmalade, mustard, cloves and reserved pineapple juice. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread ham, cheese, pineapple and, if desired, green pepper.
- Place kabobs on greased grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with marmalade sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
May 30, 2014
Really good and simple recipe. I'd never made ham kabobs before and these were a real hit with my husband and me. We used left-over ham we'd frozen from Easter and I did use the green pepper. We did have a little bit of a mess with the cheese melting on the grill, so we quickly took them up and heated them up a bit more in the microwave. I may par-boil the green pepper next time as it was still quite crispy with the short time ithe kabobs cooked on the gril and in the microwave. I doubled the recipe for both the kabobs and the sauce, but still used only 1/2 cup marmalade and it was still really good. A great way to use up leftover ham in a new dish!