Ham & Swiss Stromboli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 6 ounces sliced deli ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- Honey mustard, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll dough on a baking sheet. Place ham down center third of dough to within 1 in. of ends; top with onion, bacon and cheese. Fold long sides of dough over filling, pinching seam and ends to seal; tuck ends under. Cut several slits in top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. If desired, serve with honey mustard. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled unsliced stromboli in heavy-duty foil. To use, reheat stromboli on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 272 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 5, 2018
We love this recipe! I made this for the second time recently for my husband, it did not last long in our house. Not a crumb to be found!
Oct 30, 2017
We've made this since I first saw it 15 years ago in the Quick Cooking magazine, which is now Simple & Delicious. We've used variations of meats and cheese. I do note that the original recipe I use calls for green onion. Perhaps that was changed when it was updated with Pillsbury new bread name. Great recipe when you have young kids and so easy!
May 13, 2017
Jan 9, 2017
So easy and delicious! This was a big hit with my family. We didn't use the bacon called for in this recipe, but this was the only change we made. I highly recommend using a red onion as this adds a little more flavor than other onions would. The customization possibilities for this recipe are endless!
Jan 20, 2016
10 minutes prep time. 20 to 25 minutes to bake, and it's ready to eat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.