Ham and Swiss Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 cup rye cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Rye crackers
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the ham, cheese, green pepper and mustard. Spread into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Toss the cracker crumb and butter; sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 248 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 28, 2016
BEST DIP EVER!!!-- My family loves this dip & devours it every time I bring it to a family function. I have had so many requests for the recipe-Thank you for sharing it Laurie!!It is perfect as is-- no need for ANY changes!!
Sep 19, 2013
I did not like this recipe at all. I think it needs more seasoning to spice it up a bit. It was quite bland and heavy. Not a favorite of mine.
Oct 6, 2012
This recipe is awesome, I did not have rye crackers so I used club, my son and daughter in law were here for the new recipe and had to have a copy to take with them.
Aug 15, 2012
I like to take this hearty dip to parties around the Christmas Holidays. It is a very rich, heavy dip so I don't think it would work as well in summertime when one prefers food to be lighter but a great fall winter dip. There is never leftovers and I give out the recipe a lot. Thanks for sharing it.
Dec 15, 2009
This is a gem of a recipe!! I wanted something different as an appetizer and decided to try this. It is fabulous. I have made it many times now and every time I make it folks just love it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.