Italian Meat Stromboli
As a mother of two, it seems the only time I have in my day for creativity is in the kitchen. I received a similar recipe from a co-worker but decided to add veggies and spices to give it my own spin. —Denise Tutton, Ridgway, PA
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 8 ounces brick cheese, sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces sliced deli ham
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pizza sauce and 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.
- Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Top with brick cheese, sauce mixture and remaining ingredients to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under; transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and oregano. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 335 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.