Ham & Swiss Braids
Satisfy hearty appetites with these golden loaves. Each slice is like a hot sandwich packed with ham, broccoli and Swiss cheese. Hot pepper sauce adds a nice kick, while refrigerated crescent rolls make it extra easy. The braids are perfect for a special occasion lunch or as an appetizer.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 loaves (6 servings each)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese or crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. For filling, mix first four ingredients; stir in ham, cheese and vegetables.
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; seal perforations to form one long rectangle. Spoon half of the filling lengthwise down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut 1-in. wide strips at an angle to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Brush with egg white. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until dark golden brown, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Originally published as Crescent Braid with Ham and Swiss (or Goat Cheese) in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.