Mushroom Cheese Stromboli
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 6 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender; set aside. On a lightly floured board, roll dough into a 30x8-in. rectangle; cut into two 15x8-in. pieces.
- On the long side of each piece, layer pepperoni, cheeses, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce, parsley and oregano. Fold over dough and pinch to seal. Combine egg and water; brush over edges and ends of dough. With a sharp knife, cut five small steam vents in the top of each roll.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired. Bake at 350° for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 176 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 431mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 20, 2013
Everybody loves this recipe. I make it for the Super Bowl, potlucks, and supper. It is always a big hit. Super yummy:)
Jan 20, 2011
VERY GOOD, IT'S A MEAL BY ITSSELF. SELOGY
Dec 14, 2007
This is the most amazing recipe! Absolutely delicious! I've been making it for years! People just love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.