Ground Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 stromboli (8 servings each)
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place each loaf of bread dough in a large greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Punch dough down. Roll each loaf into a 15x12-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil and seasonings. Brush over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges; set remaining egg mixture aside. Layer beef, pepperoni, cheeses and onion on dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Tuck ends underneath; seal edges well.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg mixture. Bake until lightly browned, 30-35 minutes, brushing with egg mixture midway through baking. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 1, 2019
Use natural herbal remedies to treat Herpes/Hpv virus totally and permanently from your body with no side effects, treat your Herpes/Hpv virus with Dr Olori Herbal medicine within 14 days. Contact Dr Olori via email: [email protected] to order yours today....
Jan 6, 2019
I use this recipe and make the bread from the pit stop stromboli recipe. Amazing
Jun 12, 2013
Buy fresh pizza dough from pizza parlor. We get it for $2. MUCH better than frozen bread dough.My husband is the king of pepperoni making.
Mar 4, 2013
Jan 22, 2012
Delicious! Variations of this recipe are endless! The only complaint I have was the bread dough was a pain in the butt to roll out to the rectangle. My husband ended up taking pity on me and did it. It was well worth the effort though because we both loved it. Perfect snack/meal while watching football!
Aug 30, 2011
Husband usually doesn't eat leftovers, but the next day when i got in the fridge, guess what was gone.
Aug 18, 2011
Everybody loved this recipe! I did make a few changes the second time I made it. I only thawed the bread dough, and did not let it rise. I thought it was easier to work with, then. Also, I only used 1 egg and half of the stated amount of olive oil, and had plenty for both loaves. Thanks!
Mar 9, 2011
i've never made this exact recipe but have made a stromboli using the pillsbury crusty french loaf. you just unroll it, top it, roll it back up and back according to the packing. i usually make a lunchmeat version with ham, turkey, bacon, and cheese, but this looks tasty and will try this next time i make stromboli!
Jan 20, 2011
LOVE IT!!!! SELOGY
Aug 22, 2009
I do this with italian sausage and spinach, and a warm marinara sauce for dipping.