Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown steak; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Return steak to pan. Add the soup, sour cream, onions, thyme and marjoram; heat gently (do not boil). Serve with noodles or rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 413 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 485mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Jan 8, 2018
I'm with Barbara, I really didn't care for this one. My boyfriend liked it, but I thought it had kind of a funky flavor I can't put my finger on.
Mar 7, 2013
This is a fantastic recipe. It is really good with rice instead of noodles...and ground beef instead of sliced beef. Super cheap and super tasty.
Jun 17, 2011
Very bland dish. Reminded me of school cafeteria food.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.