- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, bacon, mushrooms and onion until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in flour until blended. Add the broth, soup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir sour cream and horseradish into beef mixture; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired.
1 each: 492 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1095mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.