Beef Stroganoff Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons flour and salt until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Combine sour cream and remaining flour until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 455 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 3, 2016
Excellent recipe. The Worcestershire really makes the meatballs extra tasty! I sometimes make the meatballs smaller and serve as a appetizer with tooth pics.
Dec 14, 2014
We really enjoyed this recipe. I used a lot more beef broth than called for to keep the sauce thinned to a good consistency. Next time I'll use less flour or add it a little at a time.
Dec 31, 2011
This dish is absolutely wonderful. It's become one of our family favorites but it tastes fancy enough for a dinner party. Pretty straight forward to prepare but a great result. Yummy!
Nov 18, 2009
Have made these for a few people and everyone has enjoyed it. It's a favorite
Feb 7, 2009
This are yummy! I doubled the recipe for the meatballs and served them with 1 recipe of the sauce over noodles. I froze the other half. I made another batch of the sauce another day and served them with several other appetizers.