Easy Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 326 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
May 5, 2018
Delicious! My husband and I both love it. The only change I made was by accident; I added the entire can of tomato paste on the first try. I was scared I had ruined it, but it was great. Thank you so much for sharing.
Jan 20, 2015
My family really enjoyed this meal, will make it again!
Sep 8, 2014
Definitely needs salt, but good otherwise.
Apr 7, 2014
Made it twice, slightly different the second time. Bland, boring, just not good.
Jan 15, 2014
Just not a fan I used a London broil for personal taste forgot the tomato paste and the flower. seared the meat then cut it up & put it in the crock pot with all ingredients except sour cream and used golden mushroom soup . 15 minuets before serving used 1 whole cream cheese & a dollop of sour cream . Then boiled the noodles on the stove .
Mar 24, 2012
This was good! It didn't take too long to make and even my hubby enjoyed!! It fits into my Weight Watchers plan easily which is also a plus :)
Feb 8, 2012
This was easy to make and really good! Even my picky 7 year old daughter ate it without complaint. I would probably add some Nature's Seasons to the sauce next time, but it was delicious. It's one of those meals my whole family ate withou prodding. I would definitely make it again!
Jan 28, 2012
I added some fresh chopped mushrooms. It was really delicious.
Dec 30, 2011
This recipe is amazing. I've been searching for gluten free recipes (i traded the flour for potato starch) and am relieved I have beef stroganoff back! thanks for sharing!
Aug 24, 2011
I made this with leftover pot roast that I added to the vegetables to reheat when they were almost completely sauteed. My husband really liked it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.