Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place flour in a large shallow bowl; gently roll meatballs in flour. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil. Drain; return to the pan. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles.
Mar 7, 2018
I'm rating a 5 simply on the consistency of the meatballs. Sometimes following other recipes they fall apart but these stayed together and didn't turn into oddly shaped blobs of meat. This recipe is simple and delicious! I could just eat all of them as is. Oh yes, I did bake them vs. pan frying.I made minor changes to the flavor. I didn't have marjoram and didn't add chopped onion so I added a 1/2 tsp onion powder. Also added 1/2 tsp of basil and oregano and a few dashes of worchestershire. YES I know I changed the recipe slightly but the consistency of the base meatball came out perfect.
Mar 27, 2015
This is a fast, easy and tasty way to get dinner on the table. The only thing I did differently is I baked the meatballs at 350 for 20 minutes. Then I combined the soup, water and sour cream in a skillet and added the meatballs and cooked them for about 15 minutes. I'm not a big fan of frying meatballs - too much work and mess.
Jun 17, 2014
Made my own cream of mushroom soup, my own half and half. I will make cooking my passion if its the last thing I do. Easy fir a beginner hubby and son loved it Thank you for sharing.
Feb 19, 2014
About 40 years ago, a friend's Mother invited me to stay for dinner. This is what she served. I went home that night and told my Mother "You have to call her and get that recipe!" My Mother still makes it - and so do I - all the time!
Oct 20, 2012
This is a fantastic, easy to prepare recipe. I added more fresh mushrooms and sauteed them after browning the meatballs. Then finished the recipe as written.
Dec 31, 2011
Delicious! I added some sauted fresh mushrooms to the sauce, but other than that, I didn't change a thing. It's a keeper.
Jun 28, 2009
OMG, this is so good, and extremely EASY to make. I made it last night for the family and everyone loved the taste of the meatballs and the sauce was excellent addition. The next day I saved the meatballs and sauce and made meatball subs for everyone. A definite HIT!! This is definitely another favorite meal added to our dining selections!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.