Meatballs with Spaghetti Sauce
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 ounces ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-3/4-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste, water, parsley, sugar, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs to sauce; simmer 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 544 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 1445mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 9g fiber), 37g protein.
Nov 24, 2017
I used diced tomatoes instead of whole. It wasn't bad, but a little too acidic for me, with all those canned tomato products.
Jan 28, 2017
Sauce was good. Did not use meatball recipe. Did not use whole tomatoes
Nov 22, 2015
Oct 11, 2012
I just made the sauce, it is delicious. It gets better the next day. The only thing I did different was put it thru the food processor. What is the calorie count just for the sauce??
Jun 14, 2011
Awesome recipe. Decided not to use ground pork. You end up with alot of sauce. SSOOOO GOOD!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.