Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage until lightly browned. Add peppers and onion; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, pepper sauce, paprika, salt and cayenne; cook until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Drain spaghetti; toss with sausage mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 284 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2016
This was a good recipe. I read the reviews and ended up using marinara sauce to add extra flavor. It turned out very delicious and easy!
May 17, 2016
This was ok, but I didn't feel there was enough flavor. Will add a few more spices if I make again
Oct 24, 2015
Not bad, but nothing too special. It begs to be customized for personal taste, so I'll probably make it again with some changes. The corn starch really thickened the sauce, so I may cut back a bit on that and add some mushrooms and oregano or Italian seasoning.
Aug 8, 2015
Made this with onion powder instead of onions. I only had two bell peppers but it would have been better with three. I used a large dice instead of strips. I used one can of chipotle diced tomatoes and one regular. This was good and easy to make.
Mar 25, 2012
used recipe as a general guide and used hot sausages, it was excellent.
May 20, 2009
I made this for my family of 5 and everyone loved it! The peppers and tomatoes gave it a light and fresh taste. Quick and economical, just what I was looking for!