- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place halves on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Add squash, pico de gallo, salt and pepper to sausage; heat through, tossing to combine.
Health Tip: Eating lower-carb, but still want a homey, satisfying dinner? One cup cooked spaghetti squash has about 10 grams of carbohydrates, versus 45 grams for regular spaghetti.
Microwave-1,100 wattThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
1 cups: 326 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.