Spaghetti Squash & Sausage Easy Meal
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash lengthwise in half; discard seeds. Place halves on a microwave-safe plate, cut side down. Microwave, uncovered, on high 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Add squash, pico de gallo, salt and pepper to sausage; heat through, tossing to combine.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cups: 326 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 4, 2018
I used ground beef and seasoned it with Italian seasoning. I don't like smoked kielbasa. My version came out very delicious.
Aug 22, 2017
Extremely easy and delicious. It was a perfect weeknight meal and used some spaghetti squash from our garden. Make sure to use a flavorful Pico as that's where most of the flavor comes from.
Jul 9, 2017
To make this recipe I used the the smoked sausage I had in my freezer. The pico adds wonderful flavor to the spaghetti squash. One tip that may be helpful is to pierce the squash with a fork several times and microwave for 15-30 seconds so it is easier to cut in half.
Sep 21, 2016
Flavor excellent and it is easy to cook the squash in the microwave.