Simple Squash and Sausage
"Dinner doesn't get any easier than this stovetop meal for two that I created one night," relates Lela Rauch from Oakland, Michigan. "My husband insisted that I remember the colorful combination so that I could make it again."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- In a large skillet, saute sausage in oil until lightly browned; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute zucchini and yellow squash until crisp tender. Return sausage to the pan. Stir in preserves. Cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 495 calories, 38g fat (14g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1295mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Simple Squash and Sausage in Quick Cooking January/February 2005