Yellow Squash and Zucchini Gratin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash and shallots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Add cream; cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1/4 cup cheese. Spoon mixture into a greased 11x7-in. or 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and cheese. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 203 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 30, 2017
Great recipe. Easy to make, lots of flavor and very creamy. Everyone loved it.
May 28, 2017
Very simple to make but has a lot of taste. I added poblano peppers for a little kick but otherwise stuck to the recipe as it's listed and it came out just great! It's on our go-to list for Spring, we've made it 3x since it was published!
Apr 16, 2017
Served it for guests. Really great! Easy to make and very tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.