Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 8 crackers)
- In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, water, onion and green pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Add mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir into vegetable mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 619 calories, 54g fat (10g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1004mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 28, 2014
Delicious! We both loved it! :)
Oct 1, 2012
Great side dish!
Aug 11, 2011
This was super easy. I was leery because of the ingredients what this would turn out to be, but it was really tasty. It has an almost quiche like consistency.
Aug 27, 2009
This was a great side dish. I didn't have any parmesan, so I added cheddar.