Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- Place zucchini in a saucepan and cover with water; cook over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Add cheese, butter, salt and pepper; stir until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 136 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 27, 2013
My family and I started making vegetarian meals and this one was awesome. We all loved it, even my 9 year old son. It tastes like mac n cheese just healthier!!
Aug 18, 2012
Great even for those not fans of zucchini. So easy to make too!
Mar 4, 2012
Definitely a hit, people were asking for the recipe!
Feb 16, 2011
YES, Great way to get the family to eat veggies! Delicious recipe!
Jul 15, 2009
Everyone raved about this one. A great way to sneak veggies onto a kid's plate!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.