Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crushed saltines (about 10 crackers)
- Place zucchini in a saucepan and cover with water; cook over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Add cheese, butter, salt and pepper; stir until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 136 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 27, 2013
My family and I started making vegetarian meals and this one was awesome. We all loved it, even my 9 year old son. It tastes like mac n cheese just healthier!!
Aug 18, 2012
Great even for those not fans of zucchini. So easy to make too!
Mar 4, 2012
Definitely a hit, people were asking for the recipe!
Feb 16, 2011
YES, Great way to get the family to eat veggies! Delicious recipe!
Jul 15, 2009
Everyone raved about this one. A great way to sneak veggies onto a kid's plate!