Cheesy Pasta Casserole
This rich, cheesy side dish is such an excellent meal extender that I always keep it in mind whenever I feel my menu needs a boost. It's a quick and easy casserole to fix, and you can easily double the recipe to feed a larger crowd.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic salt and onion salt until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add the cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in the noodles.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 334 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Cheesy Noodle Casserole in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition