Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), melted
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the process cheese and 1-1/2 cups of each cheddar cheese.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 830 calories, 45g fat (30g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 1368mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Jul 2, 2017
The combination of the three cheeses in this recipe is great! We love this mac and cheese!! It's a keeper!!
May 29, 2013
Very good recipe, and everyone loved it when I made it on Memorial Day. No leftovers! I didn't care for the mustard taste though, so will probably leave that out next time.
Dec 18, 2012
So disappointing after the great reviews. It was decidedly dry, plus dull in flavour (apart from the rather odd tang of mustard). I felt like I'd wasted all that cheese.
Dec 13, 2012
Great!. I read some of the reviews before making this and they commented about how much it makes. I halved the recipe and it made enough for 4 to 6 servings. This definitely a keeper
Nov 16, 2012
Tomorrow will yet another round of this. Great for big groups with kids.
Oct 21, 2012
This recipe is a hit with all of my daycare kids!
Oct 18, 2012
I have been looking for a great mac and cheese for years! This is it! Family loved it and it was easy and quick.
Aug 18, 2012
This has become our family's favorite macaroni and cheese recipe. It makes an entire 13x9 dish and is yummy! The recipe is perfect as is!!!
Jul 5, 2012
This mac and cheese was amazing! I served it to house guests for July 4th week, and everyone loved it! I used 16 oz. Velveeta instead of 8 oz. and mixed all of the cheeses with the macaroni. I added a little extra cheese on top. It was deliciously cheesy and brought rave reviews from all 10 guests. This recipe makes much more than 6 servings. I had leftovers in addition to the fact that everyone had a generous serving.
Mar 12, 2012
This is delicious. I will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.