Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), melted
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, butter, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the process cheese and 1-1/2 cups of each cheddar cheese.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese mixture. Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 830 calories, 45g fat (30g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 1368mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Oct 1, 2019
Mac and cheese is my youngest grandson's favorite dish as well as mine. So when I prepare this we are two very happy people, but the rest of the family enjoys it also. I do not put the mustard in the recipe though.
Jan 27, 2019
Very good. Husband won't eat .mustard so replaced with a few sprinkles of cayenne pepper. Basic Mac and cheese, we loved it.
Dec 20, 2018
This is our favorite baked macaroni and cheese recipe (sshhh my husband says it's better than his Southern mother's!). I have made it at least a dozen times but never have used the whole 2 tbls of mustard listed, I always figured that was a misprint for 2 tsp, so that's how much I use. Can't wait to make it again for Christmas dinner!
Jul 2, 2017
The combination of the three cheeses in this recipe is great! We love this mac and cheese!! It's a keeper!!
May 29, 2013
Very good recipe, and everyone loved it when I made it on Memorial Day. No leftovers! I didn't care for the mustard taste though, so will probably leave that out next time.
Dec 18, 2012
So disappointing after the great reviews. It was decidedly dry, plus dull in flavour (apart from the rather odd tang of mustard). I felt like I'd wasted all that cheese.
Dec 13, 2012
Great!. I read some of the reviews before making this and they commented about how much it makes. I halved the recipe and it made enough for 4 to 6 servings. This definitely a keeper
Nov 16, 2012
Tomorrow will yet another round of this. Great for big groups with kids.
Oct 21, 2012
This recipe is a hit with all of my daycare kids!
Oct 18, 2012
I have been looking for a great mac and cheese for years! This is it! Family loved it and it was easy and quick.