- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking it into crumbles; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and green pepper. Drain noodles; place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half each of the meat and cheese mixtures. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
1 cup: 468 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.