Cheesy Beef Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and green pepper. Drain noodles; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat and cheese mixtures. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 468 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2015
A great go to recipe & yummy
Sep 8, 2014
Easy to make and very tasty. We liked the green onion and and green pepper in the cheese layer.
Sep 5, 2010
My family loves this. It's often requested for birthday meals.
Jun 11, 2008
Re: Cheesy Beef CasseroleMy favorite recipe of all time from Taste of Home and related magazines. Try it!!
Jan 31, 2008